Elysiana

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for the Elysiana goverment.

The Constitution of Elysiana

Caleth
    Caleth
    Admin

The Constitution of Elysiana Empty The Constitution of Elysiana

Post by Caleth Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:11 pm

I propose the following to be the Constitution of Elysiana.  We will debate this proposal on Discord, and then vote on it on the RMB to ensure the approval of the whole region.  I would also like to have everyone present on it being passed sign the constitution, to show the approval and participation of everyone present.

The Constitution of Elysiana

[1] Establishment

(a) Elysiana is hereby established as a Republican Triumvirate, with the elected Triumvirate being the joint heads of state.
    (b) Any person with a nation in Elysiana will be considered a Citizen of Elysiana, or Elysian for short.
    (c) This document shall be held as the framework for government in Elysiana.
         i. No laws or executive orders may contradict this document.
         ii. It shall come into effect by being passed by the Citizens of Elysiana with two-thirds who voted in favour.  This vote must be accessible to all Elysians and widely advertised. It may be amended or repealed following the same requirements.

[2] The Executive

[2.1] The Triumvirate
    (a) Executive power in Elysiana is bestowed upon the Triumvirate.
    (b) The Triumvirate consists of the Valus, the Optus, and the Archon.
    (c) The Triumvirate may jointly issue executive orders.
          i. These orders must be signed by all 3 Triumvirs,
          ii. Cannot contradict this document or laws passed by the assembly, and
          iii. May be revoked at any time by a single Triumvir.
    (d) The Triumvirate may appoint Vals to assist in the administration of official platforms.
          i. All 3 Triumvirs must approve any new Val, and
          ii. 2 Triumvirs are needed to remove a Val.
    (e) No individual can hold multiple positions on the Triumvirate.

[2.2] The Valus
    (a) The Valus is responsible for maintaining all official platforms for the government and community of Elysiana.  These include but are not limited to:
          i. The forums, and
          ii. Discord.
    (b) The Valus will provide training and direction to all Vals.
    (c) The Valus is responsible for processing individuals into the necessary roles and groups.
          i. This job may be shared with Vals
          ii. Requirements for groups and roles (eg. Elysian) may be set by law, and may correspond to certain government offices.  Otherwise are at the discretion of the Valus.
    (d) The Valus will oversee all elections, other than the election for Valus.
          i. A Val may be appointed to oversee any election, as long as they are not running in it themselves.

[2.3] The Optus
    (a) The Optus is the overseer of the Assembly of Elysiana.  As such, they may:
           i. Move and pin topics,
           ii. Uphold rules of conduct in the Assembly, and
           iii. Decide the order to debate proposals.
    (b) To assist with the management of the Assembly, the Optus may appoint a Bracus.
           i. The Bracus cannot be a member of the Triumvirate.
           ii. All powers outlined in [2.3] (a) are shared with the Bracus.
    (c) The Optus is responsible for the foreign relations of the region.  In this capacity they will:
           i. Appoint Citizens of Elysiana as Envoys to other regions,
           ii. In the absence of law, set requirements for a consulate or embassy,
           iii. Inform the Assembly of relevant news from other regions,
           iv. With the approval of the Assembly negotiate treaties with other regions, and
           v. Submit treaties to the Assembly for their approval.
    (d) To assist with managing foreign relations they may appoint a Quartermaster.
          i. The Quartermaster will have the powers outlined in [2.3] (c), excluding the power to set requirements for consulates or embassies.
    (e) The Optus will oversee elections for Valus.
          i. A Val may be appointed to oversee this election, as long as they are not a candidate for Valus.

[2.4] The Archon
    (a) The Archon is responsible for the growth and maintenance of Elysiana.  In this capacity, they will:
          i. Set a recruitment and welcome telegram for the region,
          ii. Direct a recruitment strategy for Elysiana,
          iii. Appoint Citizens of Elysiana as Recruiters to assist in recruitment.
    (b) The Archon also may set events and activities for the cultural enrichment of Elysiana.
          i. To assist in planning and running these events the Archon may appoint Citizens of Elysiana as Planners.
          ii. All activities should be designed to facilitate the inclusion of the RMB of Elysiana.
    (c) The Archon may appoint a Legatus to assist in their duties, taking over the duties outlined in [2.4] (a) or [2.4] (b).

[2.5] Elections
    (a) Elections will take place every March, June, September, and December,
         i. For Optus and Archon on the 15th,
         ii. For Valus on the 30th, and
         iii. For any Triumvirate role if the position becomes vacant.
    (b) For all elections any Elysian may nominate themselves during the 5 days before voting.
        i. Elysians may only run for either Optus or Archon, not both.
        ii. The Optus and Archon may run for Valus, but if they are elected must immediately resign from their previous role.
    (c) Campaigning is permitted from the start of the nomination period until the end of voting.
          i. Campaigning may be further restricted under law.
    (d) Voting will begin on the day of the election as defined by [1.5] (a) and will last for 48 hours.
    (e) Voting will take place as a poll on the forums. The options will be the nation name of each candidate.
          i. If there is only one candidate, the question becomes if they approve or disapprove of them holding the role.

[3] The Legislature

[3.1] The Assembly of Elysiana    
    (a) All Legislative power in Elysiana is given to the Assembly of Elysiana.
    (b) All Elysians will be members of the Assembly of Elysiana.
    (c) The Assembly is empowered to:
         i. Set their own rules of procedure,
         ii. Create and amend law,
         iii. Issue resolutions,
         iv. Vet candidates for Praetor,
         v. Recall Triumvirs and Praetors,
         vi. Set foreign policy, and
         vii. Approve treaties.
    (d) While they may use the forums to make proposals and keep track of amendments, debate should be limited to Discord or the RMB.

[3.2] Recalls
    (a) The Assembly of Elysiana may recall Triumvirs and Praetors for inactivity, incompetence, or corruption.
    (b) To begin the recall process, any Elysian may make a case for recall in the same manner as making other proposals.
          i. This proposal must be given priority over all other proposals not currently up for debate.
    (c) For a recall to be successful, 2/3rds of votes cast must be in favour of recall.
          i. Following a successful recall, the targeted individual will immediately be removed from office.

[4] The Judiciary

[4.1] The Court of Elysiana
    (a) Judicial authority is given to the Court of Elysiana.
    (b) The Court of Elysiana may set its own rules of procedure.

[4.2] Praetors
    (a) The Court of Elysiana shall at all times consist of 3 Praetors.
    (b) Each Triumvir is to appoint a Praetor following the elections for Optus and Archon.
           i. This appointment must be made to the Assembly of Elysiana.
           ii. An existing Praetor may be appointed, provided they are up for replacement.
           iii. A Praetor is considered up for replacement upon the election of the Triumvir that appointed them.
           iv. A majority of the assembly must be in favour of the appointment for it to pass.  Otherwise the Triumvir must appoint a different person.
    (c) Praetors serve until their replacement is approved by the Assembly.

Last edited by Caleth on Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:12 pm; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling corrections)

Sal and Camilla like this post

Caleth
    Caleth
    Admin

The Constitution of Elysiana Empty Re: The Constitution of Elysiana

Post by Caleth Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:41 pm

As per discussion on Discord, the following changes are proposed:

[1.2] (a) iii. Will be removed.

[1.5] (b) and (c) will be merged and amended to the following:

(b) For all elections any resident may nominate themselves during the 5 days before voting.
         i. Residents may only run for either Optus or Archon, not both.
         ii. The Optus and Archon may run for Valus, but if they are elected must immediately resign from their previous role.

Last edited by Caleth on Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
    Caleth
    Caleth
    Admin

Post by Caleth Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:03 pm

Alright, I have edited the first post according to the discussions on Discord.  I have also added the suggested changes from the above post to this version.  To see the differences from the original draft, you can look here.

https://www.diffchecker.com/AAx5Iapb
    Caleth
    Caleth
    Admin

Post by Caleth Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:58 pm

We are now voting! Voting is open for 2 day over on NationStates!

https://www.nationstates.net/page=poll/p=194226

Sal likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:06 am